Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fischer, Orb's Year 921-924

Orb's Year 921
The nights were lonely sometimes as Sheldon fished.  Debbie no longer attempted to come over to spend time with George or try to woo him to her bed.  It was all for the best - but sometimes he missed her anyways.
He knew it was best for little George though!  He didn't need that kind of unstable influence in his life!  He'd long since stopped asking for his Mom and had accepted that she was like a butterfly that couldn't be caught before it needed to be released.
Sheldon hadn't really realized he was missing anything in life until...
...he met Nicole Young.
"I'm going to marry her, boys!" Sheldon announced to his friends over breakfast one morning.  "Mark my word! I'm going to marry her!"

Braden Farmer & Adam Potter laughed.  "But you don't even know her yet!" Braden said. 

Sheldon shook his head.  "It doesn't matter! She's perfect! I can feel it in my heart!"

Orb's Year 922
It took a fair amount of wooing, but Nicole finally agreed to stay over after work one afternoon. She'd been burned before by Brand Taveryn.  Sheldon wondered what that man's appeal was & why he was so bent on breaking all the hearts in Celestia!
Finally Sheldon was able to get Nicole to trust him enough to open up.  Soon, she was a regular visitor at their home!
George happily chatted with his dad and Nicole.  Glancing over at Nicole he asked, "Are you going to be my new mum?" he asked.

Nicole and Sheldon almost choked on their sandwiches.   Glancing at each other, Sheldon covered his mouth and cleared his throat. 
"He's not a shy lad, is he?" he asked Nicole.

Nicole smiled and blushed.  "Certainly not!"  Their eyes lingered on each other.

Turning back to George, he answered frankly, "I don't know yet whether Nicole will be your new Mum, but I have to admit I like her alot."

Nicole reached out and held his hand.  "I like your Dad alot, too."

George just smiled.
"How did you like that for the inquisition?" Sheldon asked Nicole after George had been sent off to bed.

Nicole laughed lightly.  "There's much to be appreciated in a straightforward question!"

Sheldon grabbed Nicole's hand and brought it to his lips.  "Is that so? Will it be that easy for me when I propose to you?"

Nicole smiled.  "Perhaps.  I suppose you will just have to ask to find out," she teased.

"In that case, Nicole Young, will you... go outside and stare at the stars with me?"  Sheldon asked with a twinkle in his eye.
They laid out there for what felt like an eternity before finally heading inside for the night.


Orb's Year 923
George was never surprised when he woke up and found Nicole fixing breakfast.
In fact, he loved it! She made yummy pancakes while Dad always burnt the toast!  They'd been talking about nothing in particular, when Sheldon stopped and looked serious all of a sudden.
Slowly, he presented Nicole with a ring.  "You told me to ask straightforward, so I'll ask you... will you marry me Nicole. Be my wife and mother to George."
Nicole excitedly put on her ring and grinned.  Leaning towards George, she said, "It looks like I'm going to be your mum after all!"

"Oh boy!" George said excitedly.  He couldn't wait!
Sheldon repeated the words that handfasted Nicole to him in matrimony.  She was now his wife.


Orb's Year 924
The Fischers continued to enjoy a happy life together.  Just because he took on a new wife didn't mean George was shunned to the background.
No, Sheldon still made sure his boy knew that he was well-loved.
And it was apparent when George turned into a teen and was well-adjusted and kind.
Sheldon and Nicole laid in bed together, snuggling, talking about the past and the future.

"Do you ever think about having more children?" Nicole asked as she trailed her finger up and down his arm.

"Sure," Sheldon replied.  "I would love a big family! I'd always wished George had little brothers or sisters to play with.   Frowning, he remembered little Fanny and Fancy and wondered how they were getting on without their mother.  He thought about them, but couldn't seem to make himself face them.  They must hate him for abandoning them as he did!
Nicole leaned closer.  "Do you ever think about having them soon?" she asked.

Sheldon finally caught Nicole's drift and felt excitement course through him.  "Well, why didn't you say so!  I think 9 months from now would be great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!