Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Liebster Award

"The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers, to promote the blogging sites we love and support."

Accepting the nomination comes with these conditions:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.

I was so excited to receive a Liebster Award from katdeval!  I saw her post last week while I was on vacation and was so mad that I had splotchy internet! I couldn't even comment to the post!  It about drove me crazy!  
This morning, I got a chance to start Witch, the first book of her Lyvenia Series and I really liked it! I kept reading because I wanted to figure out what happened to her main character, Corynne! 

One of the things I've loved about seeing the Liebster awards pop up is that I've been introduced to so many different Sim stories to read and follow!  What a fun idea to connect everyone!

I first got interested in blogging when I was introduced to the Prosperity Challenge, so I'll honor my Sims 2 Prosperity Group with nominations.  They made me excited to start blogging and sharing my Sims stories!
My nominees are: 
Twoflower - Apple Grove
Sirenprincess - Emerald Isle

Here are the eleven questions asked by katdeval, and my answers to them:

1. How did you become interested in Sims stories? If you write plotted stories, why did you choose The Sims as a platform to share them?
I became interested in writing stories after attempting a few challenges.   What started as a way to document the challenges that I played turned into this amazing creative outlet for me!  I still think that my writing is more "gameplay" based in that I try to show weave a story around what happens in the game. 

2. Which do you feel you put more time and energy into: pictures or writing?
Probably pictures! I'm forever pausing and taking 2-3 pictures, trying to make sure I get things centered nicely or "just so."  Then comes deleting all the thumbnails, weeding through my million pictures to whittle down for my story. :)  

3. Who is your favorite character to write about? Your least favorite?
Oh gosh! Because I write prosperity-style, rotating through different households, I've had so MANY favorites!   Abel & Beth Ann Farmer, Sebastian & Fanny Waite, Earnest & Faelyn Consul. I'm eager to see what happens to Elyssa L'Adventurer, Henna Diebin, & Robin Carpenter!  I've also fallen in love with Prince Earl's best friend, Berjes Furst!

Some of my least favorites have been Geoffrey L'Adventurer, Gwenivieve Consul, Eryka Knightley, Alana Marchant, Amy Baker and her bitter daughter, Debbie Baker.  It can be really hard to write such negative personalities!

4. How much trouble would you be in if you were trapped inside a room with your villain?
Lots of trouble!  They would eat me alive! I'm just now noticing that most of my villains have been women with sharp tongues!

5. Which character do you feel is the most like you? The least like you?

I think I would be most like my calm, motherly characters like Beth Ann Farmer, Nicole Fischer or Princess Catherine Consul.  I'd be least like my vindictive, manipulative characters like Gwenivieve Consul, Eryka Marchant or Debbie Baker.

6. How have you advertised your Sim stories for people to find?
I started just posting my updates on my yahoo prosperity group, but when I started Kingdom of Celestia, I went in search of mods and found Plumbbob Keep.  I finally got brave enough to share it there!  I tend to be a little shy with my writing!!  :)  
For my Sims 3 stories, I've been posting at the Sims 3 Random Legacy thread at modthesims.info. 

In real life, I've been extremely bashful, going as far as not allowing my husband to read the stories & forbidding my daughter from telling anyone about them. As she's grown, this has really become something that my daughter and I do together, discussing the storylines & who should marry.  If I have writer's block, I'll usually call her up and ask her what she thinks we should do. (Hi sweetie!)

7. Do you plot your stories ahead of time, or do you let them develop as you write?
I do a little of both.  There's a large degree of planning to manage that many Sims! I try to let them live their lives according to their aspiration & their desires, but sometimes I can't because they're the 2nd or 3rd child and I'm running out of room to put houses in my world!  (I picked a really, really, REALLY small world on accident!)

8. Which character(s) turned out the most different from how you originally thought or intended them to be?
Prince Berjes Furst - He was intended to be a bad influence on Prince Earl.  So, I was tickled when he seemed to fall in love with his best friend's little sister,  Princess Felicity.  I'd planned on having him break up the wedding - but it wouldn't have done any good.  Felicity only had 1 bolt with him and she had 3 bolts with her betrothed.  It almost seemed too perfect for him to meet Elyssa L'Adventurer since they both felt like they lost their chance at love.


Prince Geoffrey L'Adventurer - I initially intended to send Princess Celeste to the Abbey since she was a knowledge Sim, but she liked Geoffrey.  I'd intended for him to be a distant husband, but he really turned out much more cruel than I'd originally planned.  Boy am I glad he ran off with Gwen Consul!

9.What do you do to become inspired to write?
I play Sims. :) 

10. How long do you play with or think about story ideas before you begin writing?
Not very long at all.  As I play, I generally imagine dialogue in my head.  So, once my pictures are added onto my page, I'll just start writing the story as I imagined it.    

11. Do you ever find yourself with a love/hate relationship with a story or writing in general, or is it all love?
It is generally just love!  When it does wind up being hard to write, it's generally because I'm having trouble trying to decide how to further a plot line.  To me that's a sign to step back and let the Sims do the acting.  
And so here are my 11 questions for you:
1. Are you still playing Sims 2 at all, or have you moved on to Sims 3 or Sims 4?
2. Of all the challenges that you've done, which have been your favorite?
3. Where do you advertise your Sims stories & challenges?
4. Do you share your stories with friends and family?  Or just keep it on the computer?
5. What is the most useful mod that you use while playing Sims 2?
6. What made you start playing Sims 2?
7. What would your Sim personality be?  (Me? I'm an Aquarius - Neat 4, Outgoing 4, Active 4, Playful 7, Nice 6 with a point taken away from Neat and added to Nice. Hehe)
8. What is your favorite aspect of blogging about your Sims?
9. If you had to cook something from Sims 2, what would it be? 
10. How did you pick your blogger profile name? 
11. Do you have a favorite character (or two)? What about a least favorite character (or three or four)?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to steal the name Celestia, and the celestial orb for that idea I told you about. And since I see you said you're Aquarius, I'm Pisces, Neat 6, Outgoing 4, Active 6, Serious 2, and Nice 8. If I was using cheats I probably would've gone higher with nice, and playful, but I was using CAS to figure out the numbers.

    DD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! I love feedback, no matter how old the post!